Acid: The maintenance of auto battery involves periodic checking of the battery so that your car runs smoothly. Keep in mind the following for a longer hassle-free battery life:
- Check Clamp: Make sure that the battery is firmly secured to the cradle and the cable clamps and lead wire contact is proper.
- Avoid Grease: Keep the battery top clean and dry. Apply either petroleum jelly or Vaseline to cable clamps and terminals for proper lubrication. Never apply grease.
- Use Distilled Water: Top up only with distilled water and maintain the level to the line that indicates, maximum. Never add acid.
- Close Tightly: Keep the vent plugs closed tightly.
- Check Vent: Ensure that the vent hose in the battery is not folded or damaged by the exhaust system. Check Regularly: Be sure to inspect your vehicle's electrical system regularly, especially the regulator voltage setting
- Service Regularly: Get your battery serviced regularly from your nearest authorised Exide dealer.